Bright Futures Friend
Middle school can be tough. It’s a transitional time period in a student’s life physically, emotionally and mentally. Positive role models who are willing to spend time listening and sharing can help students achieve and succeed. Bright Futures Friends do just that: they listen, share and help mentor students by spending an hour with them each week at East Middle School.
As a Bright Futures Friend you…
- Provide one hour serving as a positive mentor each week for a middle school student at the school.
- Attend a training session to help you learn more about the BFF program and how to be a positive mentor for a student.
- Receive a BFF bracelet along with your student to wear as a symbol of support.
- Have the opportunity to attend additional school activities with the student if you choose.
- Get to know a really cool kid who may not have a positive influence in his or her life.
- Show someone that you care and that success in life is possible and achievable.
Friends are great. But, BFF’s-they make a lasting impression! Change a student’s life forever just by being yourself.