We are humbled by the many corporations, foundations and organizations who have embraced the students and staff of Joplin Schools since the devastating tornado. These partnerships will play a vital role in Bright Futures’ ability to continue helping our students become successful learners and community members.
If you are a business or organization that would like to contribute to the Bright Futures initiative, here are some ways in which you can help:
Become a partner –
Being a partner is simple. You and your employees can be as involved as you want. Nothing is too small. Sometimes our students just need to know someone within their community cares about them. Is there a particular school you would like to be involved with, or do you just want to go where the needs are greatest? Let us know, and we can partner you with the school of your choice. Being a partner includes:
– Attending monthly meetings at the school of your choice.
– Sharing time, talent, or treasure with the school and students depending on what their needs may be.
Time – Opportunities to donate time are varied and flexible. You can volunteer one morning to help greet students with a smile or high five or sit in the stands during a sporting event.
Talent – Are you an artist? You could lead a painting group with a 4th grade class. Have a passion for fitness? Start a running club at the middle school. Are you crafty? Participate in an after school club to teach the students how to craft a cool project.
Treasure – Truly every donation, large or small, makes a difference. A weekly commitment of just $5 will feed a child for a weekend through the Snackpack program. Donations of money or clothing can impact a child who doesn’t have shoes or a winter coat. Click here to give.
-Building relationships with school staff and students.
-The school you partner with will also be your partner in giving back to you and your business in anyway possible.
-Sign up to join a school today by clicking here.
Additional volunteer opportunities –
– Lunch PALS – meeting weekly with a student for lunch at an elementary school that is in need of a positive adult role model in their life. Click here to learn more.
– Bright Futures Friend – become a mentor or a role model for a middle school student. Click here to learn more.
– Snackpack program – help fill backpacks on Friday afternoons for students who are food insecure on the weekends.
– Fusion – share your career experience with high school students who need training on various topics.
– Click here to sign up today!
We would love to hear from you and are looking forward to the opportunity to grow our partnership together. Please feel free to contact us if you need more information or just want to get started. You may contact our office at (417) 625-5200, ext. 2031 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org