Give Time & Talents
- Bright Futures Councils – serve on a school BF council by attending monthly council meetings and being involved in the life of the school. Faith based partners, business partners, human service partners, and parents are welcome.
- TREK – volunteer to do tutoring from 3-4PM once a week with an elementary student in the areas of reading and writing*
- PALS – volunteer to spend 20 minutes once a week hanging out with an elementary student during the student’s lunch time*
- BFF – volunteer to do tutoring for an hour each week after school with a student at one of our middle schools
- Darla’s Room Distribution Center
Creative Workroom Application – The Creative Workroom team members work to organize and supply teachers with creative items for their classrooms and students. These items are used to enrich the lives of children through various creative activities and hands-on learning opportunities.
Darla’s Room Application – Darla’s Room donation center serves at the heart of the Bright Futures Joplin mission to quickly meet immediate needs of students so that they can focus on learning. Darla’s Room team members help sort, organize, and inventory clothing and items used to fill these immediate need requests.
Event Support Team Application – The Event Specialists and Community Outreach Team members help to ensure high quality Bright Futures Joplin events throughout our community. They attend various BFJ events and act as liaisons between key staff members and the community.
- School Volunteers – volunteer to help in your school. Click here to fill out an application.*
- High School Tutors – volunteer to do tutoring with high school students after school once per week in any subject you are able. Click here to apply and be sure to note “High School Tutor” in the application.*
- All Pro Dads – Monthly breakfast’s at each elementary school with dad’s and their kids. Each month has a “lesson” and the dads share why they are proud of their kids. Sign up to be a leader or you can “adopt” a student to brag on. Click here to apply and be sure to note “All Pro Dads” and which school you’d like to serve in on the application.*
- Operation College Bound – Operation College Bound is a Bright Futures initiative to introduce elementary school children to the possibility of college. Every student, kindergarten through 5th grade, will visit a different college or university campus every spring. The visits include tours of the campus, classrooms, dorms, and athletic facilities. Students will meet college students and staff – even the mascot! You can help!*
- Transportation sponsorship
- Student T-shirt sponsorship
- General college scholarship fund for Columbia Elementary students
- Volunteer opportunities
- College and university alumni speaking opportunities
- Career Fairs & more!
- Snackpacks – Volunteer to help stuff backpacks with snacks that are then sent home with kids who have been identified as food insecure on the weekends. Volunteers pack the Snack Packs every Friday at 11:30AM. Click here to learn more and get involved!
- Special Events – volunteer to help at Bright Futures’ Special Events (such as Academic All-Stars, the Golf Tournament, etc.). Click here to email us and let us know how you’d like to serve.
*Background checks will be required for those volunteer positions that are in direct contact with students.