Give Time & Talents
- Bright Futures Councils – serve on a school BF council by attending council meetings and being involved in the life of the school. Faith based partners, business partners, human service partners, and parents are welcome.
- TREK – volunteer to do tutoring from 3-4 PM once a week with an elementary student in the areas of reading, writing or math*
- Lunch PALS – volunteer to spend 20 minutes once a week hanging out with an elementary student during the student’s lunch time*
- Darla’s Room Distribution Center
Darla’s Room Application – Darla’s Room donation center serves at the heart of the Bright Futures Joplin mission to quickly meet immediate needs of students so that they can focus on learning. Darla’s Room team members help sort, organize, and inventory clothing and items used to fill these immediate need requests.
- School Volunteers – volunteer to help in your school. Click here to fill out an application.*
- High School Tutors – volunteer to do tutoring with high school students after school once per week in any subject you are able. Click here to apply. Please complete the School Volunteer Application and be sure to note “High School Tutor” in the application.*
- Snack Packs – Volunteer to help pack snacks in sacks that are then sent home with kids who have been identified as food insecure on the weekends. Volunteers pack the Snack Packs most every Thursday at 11:00AM. Click here to apply, learn more and get involved! Just complete the School Volunteer Application – Best Available and indicate Snack Pack Packer and we will be in touch.
- Special Events – volunteer to help at Bright Futures’ Special Events (such as Guns & Hoses, the Golf Tournament, etc.). Click here to email us and let us know how you’d like to serve.
*Background checks will be required for those volunteer positions that are in direct contact with students.